Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ode to Hemoglobin

Ode to my little beta fish,
who survived 5 months with Grandma,
only to die the morning I came to visit
...did he think I was coming to take him away?

"He's so excited to see you-- go look!"

"Um, Grandma, I think he's dead"

"Of course he's not dead, I changed his water yesterday. He was swimming like crazy this morning. He just needs salt."

Yes, she salted my dead fish. It did not help. A burial at sea was accomplished via the toilet flush (flushed twice to avoid any chance of return).

Before you send condolences, you should know that I was laughing pretty hard.

Poor little Hemoglobin, you were a good Beta, and you sure knew how to make an exit.

1 Comments:

Blogger CMinor said...

My condolences--I thought those things were pretty tough to kill! Hope you're getting settled in your new digs.

31 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home