Sunday, December 11, 2005

Diving into Dumpsters and Swan-diving Swans

Yesterday I went and got a colored vision test at Walmart necessary for my job in January (???). I have no idea why, unless everything's color coded. The cheap eye doctor had a good laugh at my expense. First he had to show off everything he knew about color vision (hey, he was only charging $10 so I let him ramble). Then he starts the test which consists of different colored bubbles where you can see numbers written in the contrast. About 7 pictures in I stared at a yellow and red one and felt a moment of panic. All the other pictures jumped out at me, but this one kept its hidden number stubbornly not-visible. I finally looked at the guy with a bit of panic and said, "um, I can't see a number". He started to laugh and admitted it was a dummy. Why the heck put a dummy in the middle of a color vision test? How the hell are you supposed to cheat on it? If you cheat and memorize the numbers in order, don't you think you would remember to cheat and say "gee I can't see that one"? It was a cruel moment-- Walmart eye doctor has to get his kicks, I guess.

Then I went dumpster diving! Wheeeee! I pilfered several dumpsters behind stores for decent boxes-- found some great ones.

Today I woke up at 4am with an incredible amount of energy. Must have been the Vodka-lemonade I sipped on last night. I always wake up happy after I've been drinking-- why am I not an alcoholic yet?

I packed my rabbit collection, my textbooks, and started on my fun books today. I also packed my DVD boxes and moved all the DVDs to a file folder for CDs to carry with me. And I dusted. Note to self, just because you can't access a spot doesn't mean that spot isn't being covered by dust.

I also managed to break one of my good plates and a glass swan barometer today. I was, luckily, contemplating throwing the swan away anyway, but he swan-dived past that decision by shattering himself over a 3 foot range in my main walkway. Very fragile, very thin and hard to pickup pieces of glass. Stupid swan. The plate-- well, I'll try to ebay a replacement. I was bound to screw up my only perfect plate set eventually.

Tonight I have Medicaid recerts that were due yesterday (no really , due on Dec. 10th). I think I'll pack one more box of knick-knacks before bed. I had planned to work through the clothing tonight, but that will have to be done another night. You don't sort through 3 tons of clothing starting at 6pm on a Sunday night-- that's a weekend affair!

Work-- well, you know you made the right decision when you keep saying to yourself "Self, smile and keep walking. You are leaving this place in less than 20 days."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"You are leaving this place in less than 20 days."

Isn't that a fun feeling?

08 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home