Thursday, April 06, 2006

Coming soon...

Cherry Blossom Pictures from Washington D.C. Stay tuned. Can you believe Washington D.C. set off fireworks for my birthday? And the trees were even in league with peak bloom occuring just prior to April first so that all the trees were turning wonderful shades of pink when I got there. I'm so special. ha.

By the way, I scored my first kickball point last Wednesday and tagged two people out last night. Wonder if I can go professional? Do they have professional kickball? They should. Maybe even Olympic level kickball with men's and women's leagues... I'm sure just about every culture has some form of kickball. I mean, only one or two places have ever heard of hurling before IT became an Olympic sport, and kickball's got to have more appeal than that!

Today sucked in general. Suck is such a nasty visceral word, but it really describes the sort of stuff I dealt with today. I had 3 patients this morning that I can't help at all for various reasons. One cried when I told him I had done all I could do and it was time to look at different techniques offered elsewhere. Then I was late to an outing with a patient and the patient did pretty gosh darn bad in public (just became overwhelmed-- we had not prepared enough). THEN I missed my own suprise belated birthday party by spending too long on the outing. Well, if you're going to suprise someone, they ought to be informed! We ate the cake later this afternoon and it was delicious. It just falls into the sucky day and sweetens it a bit. And I have a sore throat-- probably the darn blossoms. Wouldn't that be Ironic? Anywhoo, the pictures are pretty and I'll try to post them sometime this weekend. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think kickball should be an olympic event. Now they've got rid of baseball and softball (why?), they need some more team sports. And an olympic event with beer would be great.
Happy birthday. I'm glad Washington decided to put on a show for you. My birthday was slightly more... weird. I think I'll just celebrate it some other time this year. I've always preferred October anyway; what's going on October 7th?

12 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home