Saturday, January 20, 2007

Taylor Hicks! Oh, and maybe London.

I find out Monday if my proposal of staying another month will allow me the week off to go to Europe in March..... and if I extend I'll be here when Taylor Hicks comes!

He's coming April 17th to Ram's Head Live-- down by the harbor. Ohhhh, I'd like to see him in person! I still think he's a goofball but I like his voice.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. The boss gives word on Monday regarding my proposal for time off. If she says yes, I'll be at the post office Tuesday getting my passport. If for some reason it doesn't arrive by departure date, I'll have to make a panic drive to S.C. so I can destroy my storage unit looking for my old one from 2001. Maybe on my way home from the post office I'll stop and get Hicks tickets. Then, I'll relax and get excited about the big trip. Until then, I refuse to examine any and all tourist info regarding London. I won't even call Ayzair to ask her to ask her sister regarding London. Nope, not interested until I get a yes, buy the plane ticket and have a passport ordered and expected to arrive on time.

I'm having a completely lazy day. I haven't even bothered to eat. Just slept in, then moved to the couch and am enraptured, for some weird reason, by some weird history channel that taught me about sea life, then rural america, and now high school focus groups. I need to call some folks and get something going tonight. Movie maybe??? I'm sure they are just lazying around too-- it's been a busy week at work.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck on getting to London. And seeing Taylor Hicks. I was recently in London for the first time and the first few entries on my blog are about that trip. I also like Taylor and, yes, he is a goofball. I met up with a fellow fan while in the UK.

Cheers and best of luck.

20 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, you don't remember all about London from your hour-long, jet-lagged bus tour?! You should figure out where we went skipping down the street singing, "Let's go fly a kite!"

20 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF the boss says yes can I come visit in April?
I do hope you get to go to London! Smittygirl will be going at about the same time; that would be funny if you bumped into her.

23 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home