Thursday, January 17, 2008

Small Town Georgia

Some sights around the Georgia area!

Friend Adrienne and I checked out the High museum in Atlanta- to see the Impressionists. Very snooty. Actually a good exhibit, for all the crowd. As usual, the contemporary art exhibit called my name next. Guess what this picture shows? I love it.



We are DEEP in churches here. Interesting enough, this is a Baptist and a Catholic church sharing the same street.


I was stunned to find out that while chic-fil-a exists in Baltimore, it is sadly absent in Boston. No "Eat mor chiken" slogans? No cows encouraging the boycotting of meatburgers? Down here in Georgia we even have a Chic-fil-a with a tiny non-PC door marked "for dwarfs". See the red door? The sign even reads "chic-fil-a" and below that "Dwarf house".

Last weekend was spent visiting the High, having coffee with dear friend Angela, and spending time with Ty and Jennifer. Somehow I went and saw Sweeney Todd again. Enough with the blood!!! The music is rather gritty.

I'm on the hunt for the next assignment- got a nibble in Roanoke, VA. We'll see if that interview happens. Right now I'm being run ragged at work-- productivity standards at this chain hospital require pretty much non-stop running. I'm becoming more efficient now that I have to clock in and clock out-- no more working extra and marking down the time I SHOULD have left work instead of the time I actually crawled out of there. I guess that's good to learn. I entered today at 35 hours and was told I couldn't earn overtime-- so I left at 1:45pm and enjoyed a long afternoon. It's pretty crazy.

Tomorrow morning, I'm having eggs for breakfast. A lady at Curves raises chickens, grinds her own chicken feed, and sells the fresh eggs. My eggs were laid yesterday. Wonder if they'll taste different than my Walmart eggs? Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ayzair said...

You've been to a Dwarf House?!?! I'm so jealous!! We've passed the one in Newnan, GA, a few times on trips to mom's, and I'm so freakin' curious! Do they have lots of very small tables?

20 January, 2008  
Blogger Rambling Speech said...

I didn't actually go in. My brother used to work at Chic-fil-a and he has mentioned Dwarf houses before- so I stopped to take the picture for him. I'll go in next time- it's on my way "home" from Adrienne's house.

21 January, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home