Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Sorry Bambi...

I may have killed Bambi's mom. The vote is in, and most everyone I've spoken to have assured me that the deer that left the ding in my car didn't hit hard enough to kill the deer. It's a rather small ding- only visible in the sunlight.

I should have gone back to see if I had done it in. Just so I could answer the question, "did you kill it?"

Here's the story:

I had called sjshipper to wish her happy birthday Tuesday night on the way home from a haircut. While her husband was handing over the phone, I hit a deer that jumped out in front of my car. So the Happy Birthday was more of a OH MY GOD I HIT A DEER-- WHAT DO I DO--WHAT DO I DO--WHAT DO I DO??????????? Poor sjshipper. Instead of wonderful birthday greetings she had a crying hysterical friend trying to find a safe place to pull over on a dark foggy NC country road after possibly slaughtering Bambi's mom with my car.

It seems kind of amusing right now. I do wish I had gone back to check and see if there was a dead or dying deer on the side of the road, although I'm not sure what I would have done. My landlord said he's heard of deer coming through the windshield, killing the driver, and then trotting away. Dang, that's some tough deer! Glad my deer wasn't packing heat.

My post traumatic deer syndrome is in full bloom right now--I drove about 10 miles under the speed limit after the sun went down, and pulled over three times to let other cars wizz past me so I wasn't annoying all the other people who had NOT hit deer in the last 24 hours.

Next assignment? Some place without killer deer lurking in the dark foggy shadows. Happy belated birthday sjshipper.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ayzair said...

And my kid has kidnapped your Maglite. Oops. Glad the car survived!

08 January, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home