Sunday, September 28, 2008

Eagle Eye Review

Saw Eagle Eye last night, and was not planning to enjoy it. Afterall, it only had 25% on Rotten Tomatoes with a nice green splat symbol and a scathing review. I went and saw it with a fellow SLP and her fiance (an engineer). He thought it was ridiculous and stupid. Since I had lowered expectations going in, I was resigned to gain what enjoyment I could squeek out of it- and focused on the fact that I was going to get some movie popcorn (always a rare treat).

I loved the movie. I fully admit that under a microscope, (or walmart reading glasses), the scenario could never ever happen. But it was fun! It was fast paced, no slow bits, heros and villains that re-sort themselves into groups throughout the movie, and lots of eye candy in the form of shiny things, explosions, and jumps from ridiculous heights. It even has an ugly kid with freckles. And while the government was a character, it didn't try to use actors that resemble in any way the current administration. It did feature a bombing in a middle-eastern country, but that could be referring to any such war.

It was totally worth $7!!! If you spend a few brain cells thinking about it, the movie has a "message", but doesn't sit there yelling the message at you (like some penguin movie I once saw). It reminded me a bit of Transformers and The Net- paranoia and technology and all that jazz. My recommendation- worth the money if you want eye candy and a fast paced run through the streets film. Fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Love the blog! I'm thinking of becoming a traveler myself at the end of this school year. I've dreamed of it for the past three years, and finally feel that the time is right. How do you like life as a traveling speech-language pathologist?

Have you heard of the company Comphealth? I've been leaning towards signing on with them. They have a lot of opportunities for school-based SLPs.

Hope to hear from you,
Lisa
switchgoose@yahoo.com

14 October, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home