Saturday, August 08, 2009

The Kelly & Kelly Project

I finished reading Julie & Julia the other day- an easy read with moments of insight but mostly just an quirky point of view. It is on its merry snail mail way to a friend- hopefully in time for her to enjoy it while her husband is at quake-fest or something-a-ruther.

After a stressful day of being dragged into office politics (impossible as it may seem- home health still has politics apparently) I wanted to see a light hearted movie. Or I was going to re-see Harry Potter cause I like it mucho.

Julie & Julia was perfect. Meryl Streep was absolutely fascinating as Julia Childs. She was so funny. The movie was extremely funny- not so much in the silly slapstick way, but in the chuck/snort into your drink way. "Stiff as a cock" indeed. It was worth the full price of a movie ticket- and thoroughly pulled me out of my office-politics-induced mood.

It made me want to go buy cooking stuff and a french cookbook. I walked into Sur La Table, a cookware shop, and resisted all gadgets and gizmos and fancy steaming pots-- I bought a spoon to replace my bamboo one that was starting to look shabby and is probably harboring swine flu or other such baddies.

My only question: Where's my book deal? Where's my movie? :-)

I did find a website that will publish your blog- I'm pricing it out and will publish at least ONE copy of my happy little adventures. I WILL be published- and I will set it on my coffee table when I stop traveling and settle down and buy a house. After I earn my Ph.D. We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home