Thursday, September 07, 2006

On the road again...

I'd post a picture, but my wire to hook the camera to the computer is currently in the boxes in my car. The apartment was emptied and cleaned this morning. 10 trips to the car only thanks to my lovely new whatcha-ma-diggie thing that has wheels and collapses when I'm done with it (too tired to deal with tip-of-the-tongue syndrome). I avoided the mess on 495 (they closed it down for an hour during rush hour and shot the whole traffic pattern for the day) by going south and hitting a toll bridge instead. Lovely bridge with a great view. It's a "nice" bridge, meaning it's so darn high that you can park your car and have someone else drive you over the bridge if you are afraid of heights.

Drive was uneventful with the exception of the large piece of truck tire rubber that I hit around richmond. Cars to either side of me and a heavy loaded Matrix-- I cringed and went right over it. Turned the radio off for an hour listening for car-rattle indicating damage. My car seems to have survived the episode.

I ran out of steam outside of Raliegh and made it to Salsbury. Pretty shoddy looking Holiday Inn, but they gave me the room with the jacuzzi and misting action. I'm intrigued. Pays to be a priority member in an empty hotel. :-) We'll see if I get eboli from the jets.

I'm inpatiently awaiting dinner. They said they'd call, but I think I'm gonna have to roam on down. I could cook a steak faster than they are, and I only saw one table seated at their restaurant. *bringgggg* never mind, my order's ready.

Time for a "sensible" dinner, bath, then bed. See the elms group within 48 hours for the shower! Beware the tootsie rolls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home