Sunday, August 27, 2006

ASPCA Ought to be Ashamed of Itself.

Just saw a commercial by the ASPCA. Now, I'm definitely against beating any creature (or person) and animal cruelty is awful.

BUT....They've gone and copied the feed the children commerical-- .60 cents a day can save a victim of abuse, we will take a picture of one of the pets currently recovering from abuse and send it to you, you can STOP this cruelty.... and we'll also send you a tshirt if you give money. All stated by a young lady with a serious voice and expression.

Okay, it was such a blatent copy of the feed the children commercial that the whole time I was thinking "geesh, this is an absolutely tasteless commercial". Then to throw in the free tshirt- I hate the ploy of sending presents to people who donate. When I donate money i want the highest percentage to actually GET to the people or cause I'm sending money to! I know some goes to overhead expenses, but NONE of it should go to a tshirt. Unless, of course, that tshirt is going to cloth a naked person.

I'm cool with supporting the ASPCA, If that's one of your projects, but they really don't need to juxtapose themselves so closely with saving kids. And they don't need to waste money that could be helping puppies (or starving children) by sending out tshirts.

Oh, the humanity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Bob said...

I completely agree. I'm always amazed at the methods of some of the animal cuelty organizations, and what they consider unethical is a little extreme in my opinion. I agree with the movie "28 Days Later" in that PETA or the ASPCA will end up destroying humanity.

27 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home