Sunday, November 12, 2006

Music, Massages, Miami and Mass

Two posts today, and I decided to make them separate.

I'm doing well. It's raining like crazy. I'm waiting for the mall to open so I can go shopping. I'm leaving Thursday morning (WAY TOO EARLY) for a conference in Miami and I think I've decided on wearing basic black the whole time to simplify my packing experience (I'll only be there 3 days- 2 nights). I need more comfy black shoes because the ones I own will most likely cause craters and blisters leading to infection and eventual amputation if I wear them 3 days in a row. They are strictly 2-3 hour shoes or shoes that may be worn ONE DAY and then allow feet to rest in comfy shoes for several recovery days. Here's to hopefully finding stylish black comfy shoes....

I saw Bare Naked Ladies last weekend with Baltimore buddy Emily. Way fun. They are indeed past their prime, but entirely too much fun to see in person. I managed to find a Speech Pathology shirt there-- more specifically, a shirt that spells out "BLAM" on the front and BNL with a whole bunch of their tour stops on the back-- in american sign language. They had another shirt that was laid out like a vision chart for the optomologist fans. They made me laugh, they made me cry, they made me sing, they made me want to go listen to all their stuff. Who cares if they are old news!

Saw the folks last weekend too. Will be seeing them again over Thanksgiving and on December 15-17th if I get an invite to that wedding. Has ANYONE gotten invites? Maybe I can drop more paint on dad.

Had a massage yesterday. It may be an addiction, and I may be cured now. I was talked into something called a "Moscow" massage. I had visions of a large Russian jumping on my back. It started off nice-- no worries. Then he says, "okay, we're getting to part where I'll stretch you." I said, "well, I'll tell you if it hurts". He laughed. Then he said, "No you won't- you'll grit your teeth and put up with it-- it's going to hurt." He then proceeded to "stretch" me. Ow. Today I feel as if I've overworked at the gym. I don't think anything was injured, per say, but it exhausted me more than relaxed me. I'm not sure the two things are the same! I may stick to just getting a pedicure every 3 months or so from now on!

Went to mass this morning. Ended up going to the early morning one-- woke up on my couch after falling asleep to a movie last night and decided just to get up, get dressed and go to mass rather than waiting for the 11am mass. Good sermon this morning talking about whether we should be using our "extra cash" verses our "needed cash" for donations-- and the church's responsibility not to waste that cash. No answers-- just some questions during this sermon.

Okay, time to finish these tests for Sunbelt. My next post will offer a chance to take one of the tests that has me chuckling.

Ohhhh, and my buddy Guppy had her boy. Glee and love to her and hers.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one starting to wonder if I won't get to hobnob with my betters in Columbia ... Geez, for mister propriety, he's cutting it close with the timing of the invites!

13 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky Bob and I were talking about the invites last week, since we hadn't gotten anything either. And we have to get fitted for suits to usher guests, too.

13 November, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was wondering if it was just the mail out here... actually, no I wasn't. I knew they hadn't been mailed yet. I won't say why I knew that but I did. Actually, I'm not sure if I knew that or if I just think I knew that but didn't really. But they will be mailed. Patience is a virtue, but virtue needs some cheaper thrills.

And by the way, may I point out that it was NO SURPRISE, no surprise at all, that Rambling Speech fell asleep to a movie last night...

13 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie! I miss you! Kateri is good on flute, but I still miss you playing with me!

Ellen
(at)hotchkissfamily.com

15 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home