Friday, October 13, 2006

Note to Self...

Do not, under any circumstances,
hold group speech therapy,
consisting of four hyper 5th graders,
at the end of a long day,
right before the final bell rings...

especially when you have no therapy plan
and decide to just "wing it".

chaos.

just chaos.

I was so overwhelmed and tired, I even gave them stickers. For chaos. Dang. I'm screwed next week.

It'll be out all over the student population that all you have to do is have everyone stand up and walk around the room except for the one person who I have told to sit, then when I tell the next person to sit the first person should get up and walk around. And then they should all be asking random questions at the same time.

"when is it time to go?"
"is that candy?, Can i have some?"
"Doug didn't finish his sentence"
"my pit bull chased me off a cliff, do you have a pit bull?" *
"you don't act like a teacher, are you a teacher?"
"can I draw on the board?"
"can we go outside?"

That's how you get the speech therapist to give you stickers. Honestly, it's the only thing I got ALL of them to sit for.

Stickers.

Dinner, then a DVD, then bed. That's the plan.

* (actual question, with marker-drawn illustration, for real)

1 Comments:

Blogger CMinor said...

Ouch.
Sounds like my adventures teaching after-school Hands-On Science Lab when some of the kids were coming off their Ritalin. Worse, actually.

14 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home