Saturday, February 03, 2007

Week in Review

Monday- Weight lifting class
Tuesday- ate at Captial City Grill with friends and picked up tour books at B&N
Wednesday- went dancing at Club 1 (learned how to dance the salsa)
Thursday- Beer and Shepard's Pie at Mick O' Sheas and desert at Donna's
Friday- Blockbuster run with a friend and my first Matthew's Pizza (I'll never accept anything less again)
Saturday- Weight lifting class, walked to Mount Vernon and climbed to the top of Washington Monument, resisted temptation to eat at cafe (reminded myself of the 2 lb increase in my weight according to this morning's gym scale), came home and took a very nice nap. Entered into my "just say no" campaign agaist eating out and forced myself to eat healthy home-made soup instead of hitting a restaurant with friends. Afterall, superbowl is tomorrow and there's eating involved there.

I'll post some pictures of the Washington Monument as soon as I have my battery recharged for my camera.

So, still having a great deal of fun. Trying to incorporate gym into life, as well as keep up a social life. The dancing was a nice mix of cardio, flirting and fun. Apparently, you can salsa with strangers without conversation-- must have danced with at least 10 guys between class and dancing afterwards! The only real conversation was with a fellow named Paul who's a banker. Hopefully he doesn't have a girlfriend in a coma somewhere....

Movie reviews from a few recent weeks- (I'm gonna keep it short and sweet)

The Queen-- unexpectedly good. I'm not "into" the whole royal saga over in England, but this was a well-put-together and entertaining exploration of a few tumultous weeks in the life of British government. Well worth the $7 I paid and maybe even something I'd have felt okay paying full price for. There's a great moment when the queen mother warns Blair that the tide of public opinion will turn on him eventually- because it always does- and it fit quite ironically with the current events. The "Blair" on screen blinks a few times and then smiles-- obviously humoring the queen. Nice. There's some real news clips sprinkled into this movie- but not annoyingly so. It's worth a gander, IMHO.

Step Up-- not worth a rental. There's a few good dance scenes that would make me pause if I was channel surfing, but otherwise it's a cookbook "person learns an unknown and/or underappreciated talent and lives happily ever after". And there's the always fun tear jerking unnecessary death as well. Don't pay money for this. I'm sorry I even threw in $5 for this video set. Luckily that covered "Little Miss Sunshine" which I'm hoping to watch tonight and enjoy greatly (PLEASE????)

Princess Bride is on TV right now. Must go watch. "I will never doubt again." "There will never be a need". Sigh. I need a masked man in my life! Wesley? Diego? Bruce? Anyone? :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Bob said...

I've been trying to get into a habit of exercise as well, but it hasn't stuck yet. Doing so alone is tough. Plus I really want to see The Queen as well. I might have to do that this week.

04 February, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

In my defense, it IS January, and I thought that post on your other blog was from January 2007, not 2006.
...
Exercise is a good thing. I strongly recommend everyone engage in it. You're going to want to have exercised in advance of the big road trip coming up...

05 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home