Monday, May 26, 2008

Chronicles of Narnia; Prince Caspian Reveiw

I saw the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe when it came out, and was contemplating not seeing this one. The first Chronicle installation was a little too long for me. It was pretty to watch, but that was my only lasting impression for the entire movie.

Maybe I was in a different mood, or maybe the second installation was just...better. This, too, was pretty to look at. There was action. There was intrigue. There were differing personal journeys of faith. It was good. It was recommendable! The filming was creative- enough info to establish body count with very little evidence that anyone actually died. No blood. There was an excellent "son calling on the father" scene with cool special effects. There were some twists to the plot that I hadn't expected-- of course it's been years since I read the series so I went in a little blind.

I would recommend the movie, but set aside disbelief. Some of the CGI characters were a little shallow. Some of the real characters were a little shallow in development as well! There were a few too many bad guys with beards running around- I got a little confused on exactly who was double crossing who. There was a slightly preachy tone to the entire story- something I may be a little more sensitive to right now as I contemplate my own faith's acceptance of other faiths. But it was cool anyway.

I did like the line- "maybe you weren't looking for him". I liked that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home