Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wild Ride

Today I worked 4 hours at the hospital, went on a date with a nice guy, and took a helicopter ride (birthday present from my brother).

:-) Here's some pictures of the helicopter ride.



I forget which one, but apparently this house was built by one of the inventors of the toilet. He wanted a view of the ocean, so he cut down the trees. Nice.


Remember my picture of the twin lighthouses? I got a better look at them from the front seat of the copter.


This is Baker's Island-- only 65 houses, handed down generations, with no public access at all. Most of the property has been owned by the same families since before 1900. I got enough of a view to think "gee, I'd like to live there". Ha. According to the pilot, it takes 50 years of being married into one of the families to get an invite to the island. Gotta love urban legends.


Lots of big houses on the coast. The pilot has done some private tours for some of the families- said that one family talked about throwing lobster cages out of their window and hauling up lobsters!


One last lovely picture. My camera did not even begin to capture the beauty of it. Pilot Roger was awesome and entertaining. The 30 minute ride was great- it was really cool to see all of the beaches I had been exploring, by foot, from the air. I have never ridden in a copter before- but if you ever get the opportunity- go.


Thanks to Roger from Beverly Airport Helicopter Tours for the lovely tour!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet! That is a really awesome birthday present! But what about the date with the nice guy?

27 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home