Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Weird day

Today was weird.

Grandma had surgery on her squamous cell carcinoma. They think they got it all. She's home and complaining about having to eat soup for a few days. I stressed about her all morning- 89 year old diabetic going under general anesthesia. Not cool. But she's okay right now.

This morning when I left home, it was sprinkling. When I came out at 1pm to drive to the other hospital, it was snowing-sideways- so hard you could barely see. When I walked over to the hospital from my outpatient appointment, it was icing (not sleet- just driplets of ice). When I walked to the car this evening, it was sunny and maybe a touch too warm for the winter coat.

Strange weather day.

It's time to head to bed. Gym is cool. I did cardiokick on Monday night and something called Zumba tonight. Zumba involves lots of salsa-type dance moves to a really fast beat so you sweat. Looking around, I realized the only person stiffer than me was the little 60 + lady in the corner desperately trying to keep up. At least I got out and moved-- I pretended they must have had YEARS of professional dance training and I was doing just fine as an amateur. You know, instead of admitting that I've got dad's bad rhythm and mom's stiff hips. Maybe the practice will help me wiggle better. ??? Maybe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like me when Smittygirl and I started taking dance classes. I hear that gets better after a while... but I'm still mighty stiff and uncoordinated. Fun, though.

13 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just watch that knee. You know that knees don't like staying in socket during dance moves. Especially when your partner is upside down in your arms.

Sorry Ayzair

13 March, 2008  
Blogger Ayzair said...

And it doesn't help when said partner is excruciatingly uncoordinated herself. But thankfully K won't have to worry about that.

Ty, wanna dance at Smitty's wedding? :)

18 March, 2008  
Blogger Ayzair said...

Oh, and I was initially going to say:

Glad to hear things at least went smoothly with your grandma. I hope she's feeling better soon!

18 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home