Sunday, January 11, 2009

A long way from NO WHERE


Excuse the mood. The weather and the post holiday blues have effected my affect.

So yesterday, I went into Charlotte with the primary directive of finding a decent sushi place. Said sushi place (Nikko's) did not open until 5pm, and I found it at 3pm, so I explored a tiny bit of Charlotte. "Tiny bit" meaning a organic grocery store and Freedom park- both of which were welcome distractions from my current place of residence.

Just to clarify, I drove over an HOUR to find sushi. And then I drove an hour home and sat in front of the TV and savored each and every piece of california roll and rainbow roll. It was lovely. Not as good as Ben's place in Roanoke, and certainly not up to the hole-in-the-wall sushi place in Augusta, GA over by the bowling lane, but quite tasty. I love sushi- and I haven't had it in over 3 months. But I had it Saturday.

Then this morning I skipped breakfast so I could get a donut after church. The closest donut shop? Over a half hour away. I did NOT get a donut. Only one road trip to satisfy food cravings in one weekend allow.

Albemarle is small, but darnit- it should be able to sustain a DONUT shop or coffee shop! It's got a Walmart and a Sears- surely a donut shop should be present SOMEWHERE. There isn't one. Not on Sundays. There's a place Monday-Friday that sells donuts, but who eats donuts on a weekday?

I do miss the donut place in Roanoke- that was worth driving 30 minutes for. Blue Collar Joes- I'm thinking about your lovely chocolate bog donuts.

Pathetic.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a pic of the sushi you actually got or something off the net? If it was what you got....how DARE you eat Nemo! :)

13 January, 2009  
Blogger Ayzair said...

Aww, you should have called me and we would have met you at Freedom Park! I need to see if the willow where Brad proposed is still there. We were doing a great big bunch of nothing Saturday.

Do you have Monday off for MLK?

14 January, 2009  
Blogger Rambling Speech said...

I salivate when I watch finding Nemo. Mmmmmmm. Sushi.

14 January, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really surprised there isn't a Krispy Kreme in Albemarle, being in NC and all...not that you know me at all, but I guess now's as good of time as any to comment! I've been sort of reading your blog off and on for a year or so, being an SLP student in NC myself. And considering you're in North Carolina now, well, I just couldn't resist :) But seriously, though, no Krispy Kreme? Bummer.

25 January, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home