Friday, December 23, 2005

Hyman's Seafood Motto

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our ATTITUDES. -- Chuck Swindoll

This paragraph got me through the first 9 months of my present job, which were indeed a trial to be reckoned with. I had it taped to the back of my clipboard. The paper is worn away, and it occurred to me that it needs to be typed here where I'll be facing new challenges with nothing but my attitude and a handful of skills that need testing and temporing.

UPDATE: took mental health day that actually turned out to be a real sick day (woke up sick). Got very little done in the last 48 hours for the move, but have finished Christmas shopping. Ran out of newspaper, or I'd be still packing my kitchen (the project I picked and then abandoned due to lack of packing material). Will pick new project after I finish making Grandpa's Irish CD on the computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home