Thursday, June 28, 2007

Dangers of Contracting inlcude:

1. Jobs that don't come through in the end.
2. No health insurance unless you are signed onto a contract.
3. No control over your own job searches.
4. Absolute need to be cool and flexible in the face of no contract situation.

Yep, Rhode Island fell through-- the person who "accepts" contracts is out of the office until next week and I need a job signed before that time. My Rep (the new one) is supposed to find me one, but if she can't I may have to run back to Sunbelt. The new rep is not returning my calls-- I'm hoping she's just looking so hard for a job for me that she doesn't have time to return my call. We shall see.

In the mean time, I am being cool. I am enjoying the visit home that coinsides with my sister-in-law's visit (plus the nephews). Monday I arrived at midnight. Tuesday we did errands and played around town. Wednesday we went to Edventure museum for the day. Thursday we went to a nearby park and played in the water and on the playground.

Next week I'll be doing a tour of duty. First to Greenville, then Atlanta, then Nashville, and hopefully I'll have a placement by then and I'll head to the new job!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that things are so difficult. Something good will come out of it I'm sure. Maybe Rhode Island would have sucked anyway. ??? Enjoy the time with your family and friends.

30 June, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you feel like traveling to Tampa you can always stay here! Hint hint!
But seriously, hope you get a new contract soon and it's someplace exciting--or at least it's somejob exciting.

02 July, 2007  
Blogger Jamela said...

I am considering taking a traveling position (SLP). Your blog and comments about the ups and downs (and warnings about!) contract positions are the most helpful I've found on the web! Thanks!

15 March, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home