Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fools via Cingular

Opps. Apparently my phone number had some technical problems today. I didn't notice because my brother and sister-in-law had me wall-papering all day. It wasn't until little bro called big bro to complain I wasn't picking up that I realized that my phone was not in my pocket. I thought that was the problem, initially.

So I thought, "opps! I bet I've had a LOT of calls, it's in my purse downstairs, I'll go check it." Um, yep, 2 text messages from friends complaining that my phone wasn't working. No record of calls. We tried calling from my bro's phone and "I'm sorry, this number has been disconnected." On my BIRTHDAY!!! Not cool.

After hours customer service had it up and running again by 5pm, but according to Smitty there were missed calls. It had something to do with the area network not being updated for my phone type-- they didn't know until I called that the update had gone wrong-- so they fixed it. I think it's working now.

So call back. :-) Or text me. I'm doing wash tonight like a good little adult.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ayzair said...

Aha, that's it! And I thought it was just a broader example of the occasional freaking out my phone does on your number. I'll call later!

Happy Birthday!

01 April, 2007  
Blogger The Former Lepidopterist said...

Okay, since Smitty didn't tell you for me... Hope you had a very happy one!!!

02 April, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Yeah, Em tried having me call you. We couldn't figure it out. Perhaps thought that you had a "senior moment" and forgot to pay your phone bill. (Just kidding) Anyway, hope you had a wonderful birthday. The dinner was AWESOME! See you at work Thursday.

02 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home