Saturday, January 17, 2009

Badin Tracks

I walked down to the lake today for the first time since I moved in Last November. It seems like every weekend I was out until dark, or was out of town, or otherwise just didn't consider walking to the shore of the lake. Today, I wandered down to see if the edge of the lake was frozen and I found....train tracks! There is a train track route around the lake that ALCOA used to use-- but ALCOA closed 3 years ago and the tracks are overgrown.



The edge of the lake in our little inlet is, indeed, icy. The greater lake of course is still fluid. Tomorrow after church I may have to walk along the tracks and see what pictures there are to take. Curt, my landlord, said there's an island they eventually lead to called "graveyard island" and I'm intrigued.



And finally, I was going through pictures from Christmas and found an interesting one. The round UFO is a gift from my little brother to my nephew. Kevin was leaving the next morning and they wanted to try the toy out despite the rain. My older brother (the dad) and my nephew are hiding under the lid of the trunk controlling the UFO. Kevin is out of the picture to my left. I just liked how the lighting and figures came out-- it's not great, but it's interesting. I could never control that focus- all the other pictures focus on the rain and all the figures are blurred, so I'm not sure how this one came out moderately clearly!


Badin has some exploration possibilities that I'd better jump on before I leave. It is a lovely little town.

PS. Did you know Star Jones is a native of Badin? Huh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home