Thursday, July 06, 2006

Caving with Friends

I explored Luray Caverns with Emily and Cathy. It was vast. And the way was paved. I think by the time I was done with this day, I was totally cavern-saturated. Yes, yes, stalagtite- ceiling, stalamite- floor, I get it already!


Emily and Cathy and I played phone tag all day until I finally left an ETA at Skyline Caverns and they were waiting in the gift shop when I came out. I was excited to see them again- I miss the Baltimore crew.



I saw a formation similiar to this in Utah. The 3 dwarfs??? Matt, Angela, help me out.

I toured Skyline Caverns while waiting to hook up with Emily and Cathy. Not as vast as Luray, it was more "cave-like" in that you are walking on sandy stone, not paved path, and the lights are turned off in front of you and behind you to minimize the exposure of the cave to light. At times, the guide just turned the lights off totally and gave you an idea of true darkness. It was wonderful when he just hushed up-- the rest of the time the stone was lit with disney colors and the guide spouted smart comments about the shadows you can see. Very cheesy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home