Tuesday, March 03, 2009

International Traveling (Vacation)

Hola chicos y chicas! Como Estas? Estoy muy bien!

Voy a visitar Mexico! Viva la Mexico! Esta muy peligrosa? Quien cuidados? Esta gratis!

My traveling company rewards loyalty to the company by giving everyone who completes 4 assignments a free annual trip. This year it's in Playa del Carmen in Mexico. Despite the news reports, I have a feeling I'll be safe. Afterall, with my limited Spanish skills and good looks, who could resist my "por favor, no me mate!" ("Please, don't kill me!"). Second most important phrase would be, "donde esta el bano?" ("where's the bathroom?")

Hopefully you won't see me on CNN as another missing drunk girl-especially since I don't plan to drink. I'm going alone, and sobriety will be key to my safety and enjoyment, right? Just in case, I'll place an updated picture on Facebook for the news reports. I'd hate it if they used the current one.

There should be pictures appearing here by next Monday (I return Sunday at midnight), so stay tuned.

After Mexico, I return to the wonderful world of Elementary school for the second time in my career. What better time to be a Speech therapist at school than right before summer vacation when the weather is warming up and the kids see the light at the end of the tunnel! Here's hoping SOME of the IEPs have been completed. I hope to de-stress on the weekends with some camping trips or hikes in the area with good friends (Greenville is 1.5 hours away, Rockhill 1 hour, and Spartenburg 1 hour-- many hiking friends in each area!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure you brush up on your elefante songs!!

La francesa

06 March, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you're enjoying the trip! Hope to see you soon!

06 March, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great trip! And...if you are that close to Greenville then you must be somewhat close to Atlanta. :) We'll have to plan a weekend or something.

07 March, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home