Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bees again!

Geesh Louise. I hate bees. Long time fear of bees.

Yesterday morning I awoke, went out to make coffee, and a bee was on my curtain. We went to war and I was the winner. Tonight- another bee in my kitchen. Not the sweet lovely honey bees (that still scare me, but I recognize they make honey and don't usually stalk me) but a mean looking bee I think is a hornet. It was watching me from the top of my curtain. Again, war (this time with bee spray instead of the hairspray I had on hand to off it's sibling). Outside the window I noticed a whole nest of these mean evil hornets- I sprayed it too. Then I started shining my flashlight around- they were everywhere! Under ledges, by my door, on my porch- surrounding me! I sprayed them all, ran inside, and called the office for the guys to come out tomorrow and check it out. Uggggg! Now I'm all creeped out. I even checked UNDER MY BED for bees. Why I think this is a good place for bees to hide, I'm not sure.

Oh, and the best solution for a broken flashlight (dropped it by accident outside) is apparently to take it apart, change the batteries, take it apart again, give up and bang it in frustration on a counter. Tah-dah! It worked from my very expert banging.

Best quote of the day, "I decided to die so I stopped eating. But that cookie was good. I'll eat now-I'll live now." Saved by a graham cracker- who says Speech therapists don't make a difference??? :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger elsje said...

I love that quote!! I've had the exact same thing happen!! Too funny!!
-elsje

27 February, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home