Sunday, December 27, 2009

Where to next?

I don't know.

One of the dangers of contract work is the possibility of work gaps. I've never had an unplanned one before- with the exception of the gap waiting for Georgia to verify my license- but that time I had a contract waiting for me.

I have no contract. Yikes. I've even signed onto another company so I have two searching for me (this new company has better benefits as well so it is well worth the change.)

The problem is that I want to be in Southern California, and I do not want another skilled nursing facility, and California is in financial crisis right now. There may not be a non-nursing facility in California that needs a contract worker- or the competition may be too high. One hospital looked at my well-rounded resume and decided I had not had enough recent acute care experience- despite the fact that I've worked in 4 acute care settings in the last 3 years. Another one is considering me.

I'm relaxed. I'm waiting. I'm laughing when people ask me if I have a job yet. It's Christmas and I'm having fun with the family and I'll worry about the job in another few days. For now, here's a picture of our Christmas tree- which has been providing amusement to me and my friends for a few days now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kevin said...

You'd better not be making fun of my gift to mom & dad (aka the toilet)!!!

02 January, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home