Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Off to "the big city"- chores done

Well I'm off. Don't have an apartment yet-- thought we had one but then it turned out there was no vacancy. No room at the preverbial inn for me! So we started over yesterday and there's a great possibility looming. It's only 3 blocks from work, but those 3 blocks are unwalkable at 7am due to the crime rate.

I'm off all medication (rash reaction to drug number 2 yesterday morning so I skipped my last dose.) The ankle is recovering well. It did not help the ankle when I tried to chase a cat that had attacked Paco the Demon cat (as he is affectionately referred to) and landed wrong on it. But it's all good.

Saw John and met his girl (thanks for the correction Matthew!) two nights ago (sweet girl) and am meeting Heather for lunch today before her class. Only missed my friend Cheria who thought we were meeting NEXT weekend. Too bad- I was going to pick her brain some more about travelling and life as a married woman (newly married). Ate lunch with grandma and gave her my beta fish, Hemaglobin, to take care of. Got a call from the old boss regarding a report I left out- opps- I dictated the results to her as best I could remember. All in all things have been going smoothly.

Mom and dad are heading to the same city for a follow up appointment (mom is status post coccygectomy) and will meet with me Friday night. Hopefully I'll have an apartment to show them. Julie called me an warned me that the apartment Lori had picked was "over our budget" and we'd have to reduce utilities. That means I'll pay out of pocket for electricity and $66 of the $210 required for monthly parking (yikes).

Damn Yankees, here I come. I'll lay the accent thick and eat my grits when homesick!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly! Just wanted to say good luck! Sorry I didn't give you a hug when I last saw you..I hope you find a great apartment. How exciting!! Take care! p.s I'm drowning! We all miss you!!
-Katie

11 January, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, well, off to Baltimore with you then. I hope you enjoy it there; I'm a little sensitive about my hometown.

Oh, and I can't keep fiance/fiancee straight, but I know that 'beau' always refers to a man. As in, John's girlfriend has a beau (John), but if John had a beau it would be because he was gay.

I look forward to hearing about your new digs.

11 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Kelly! Onward and upward, right? Sorry I missed you on the phone, and that your move was so fraught with yuckiness. I've been thinking about you--hope the apartment works out and the job starts smoothly.

12 January, 2006  
Blogger Rambling Speech said...

Katie-- don't drown. Doggie paddle. Just remember the phrase, "I'll do my best to see him/her tonight, but if I don't they'll be first on my list tomorrow!" I miss ya'll too, but not the paperwork!

12 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home