Thursday, August 23, 2007

And then there was fun...

I abandoned the very nice and amusing acute care therapists and hung out with the rehab therapists. Good decision. I drank a few beers. Started with Guinness, went on to something like "Long Path" or something like that, landed on a Blueberry beer that made me crave pancakes.

And I had a good time with the folks. I didn't feel like an outsider for long. I laughed. I had fun. It was a good evening.

The acute care folks make me laugh, but they don't go out. Or, if they do, they don't invite travelers. I'm heading out Saturday wiht the rehab folks, if tonight is any indication. Time to be social in Boston! Just when I was running out of tourist things to do-- finally some fun. :-)

Boston is fun. I miss my friends in Baltimore. I miss my friends from College (the talk of games is making me homesick and also making me consider how expensive a flight would be. It wouldn't be SOOO bad. If someone could pick me up at the airport.) I miss visiting my brother and his family (wife and nephews). But I'm seeing things. That's why I'm doing this- to see and experience and become not shy and learn. Most of all to learn.

An older SLP watched me do an MBSS today. I was a bit nervous-- I invite med students and family members of patients all the time, but another SLP is intimidating. But it was fine- I know what I'm doing in radiology. I know how to read a swallow. It's not rocket science, but it is based on experience. The SLP seemed complimentary. It shouldn't matter, but it made me feel a bit more secure. Who knows- I might actually be good at this job afterall. :-) i love being an SLP. Never a dull moment. Maybe I'll learn a little of FEES from him. That would be grand.

Okay, enough work talk. Good night. Pictures to come. I have pictures of Chinatown, Touristy places, and....I'll try to take it on a walk tomorrow and take pictures of some cool places I pass by every once an awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home