Sunday, September 02, 2007

The No Hitter

Last night I watched in a pub as Clay Buchholz of the Boston Red Sox pitched a no hitter to the Baltimore Orioles team. First time in Red Sox history that a Rookie has accomplished that. I"m telling you, the pitch and fever at the bar was so high that I was cheering and clapping along with all the crazy locals.

I was the bar to listen to some session music and drink a beer-- maybe two beers. While listening to the music I was pulled into a conversation between a girl and two fellows. The boys started a game of darts right next to where I was sitting and I starting trying to figure out how they were scoring-- I've never played darts. Anyways, I ended up playing 3 games, paired up with one of the fellows (we won 2/3-- I kept hitting double 20), and exchanging rounds of drinks. At about 10pm we decided we were hungry and we ordered chinese delivery from across the street-- I jogged down to a hispanic place and brought back some plantains, yucca and potato for the meal. We spent the night telling stories. The boys are brothers from Ireland and the girl was a fiancee of one of the boys. They have another brother who runs an Irish pub in Malasia. The girl works with autistic children. They had great stories-- but sometimes they would get excited and starting talking so fast, and in such dialect, that I wasn't able to follow. I stole Smitty's trick and just laughed when they laughed. Thanks smitty!

It's strange how you just meet people and enjoy their company. I think life would be so much easier if people just played games, drank and ate together regardless of how long you've known them! They needed a 4th, I was sitting there, and it landed up being more than just the relaxing evening I was expecting. I made it home at midnight-- sleepy, full of Guinness, and still smiling as I got ready for bed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yaay! What a fun evening. Looks like your settling in in Boston; very cool.

02 September, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so awesome! I'm so jealous of all your adventures. I know you don't classify yourself as outgoing or whatever but....you need to come back to Baltimore and rub some of whatever it is off on me.

02 September, 2007  
Blogger Ayzair said...

Soooo, was the second brother cute? :)

04 September, 2007  
Blogger scanime said...

Ayzair, I was thinking that reading the blog, but I wasn't sure if that's the sort of thing guys are allowed to ask. :)

11 September, 2007  
Blogger Rambling Speech said...

The second brother WAS cute, but his name was Kevin. Same as my brother's name. Ugh. It was a bit weird when I called him by name.

11 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home