Saturday, January 28, 2006

Slowing Down to Smell the Fishies

In response to requests, I will try my darndest to get some pictures up. The problem lies in the nature of my wireless connection-- these Baltimore guys/girls must be really computer swaavy because as soon as I link to a connection, it blinks out. That doesn't give me much time to down load pictures! But I shall try, even if it means treking the block to Starbucks and trying there!

The week in review:

Sunday: Hung with Brother, Sister in law and adorable but very 2 year old nephew in D.C. Went grocery shopping. Missed Church. Opps. Did wash.

Monday: Went for a 2 hour walk after stressful day. Culture shock hit when I couldn't find a single person to make change for a $20 at work so I could pay my parking. Was denied by the cafeteria lady. Then the gift shop lady said I'd have to buy something (I bought a mint .10$) then refused to give me 2 $5's instead of a $10 even when I explained my bank was in Georgia. She was very rude about the refusal too. Anyway, walked the harbor from Federal hill to Barnes and Nobles, bought 2 books, then ran into some girls from work and at mexican with them.

Tuesday: Went back to Barnes and Nobles and bought 2 more books after realizing the books I bought Monday were not catching me interest and would have to be rotated with other more interesting books. Total books: A user's guide to the Brain, The Wind's Twelve Quarters, Dragonsinger (old favorite that was lost when my Honda drowned), and Inside Freight Train (for my nephew).

Wednesday: Nightmare headache. Was supposed to go make cards for hospital kids for Valentine's day but couldn't shake the light sensative headache. It took an aspirin, 2 motrin, and a 30 minute hot shower to even begin to be able to function. Went to bed at 8pm and slept soundly hoping I wasn't having a stroke!

Thursday: Goofed off. Went to an Irish pub 2 blocks from my house and met 2 crazy nurses from the VA hospital that were drinking their troubles away. Joined them and talked about Ireland (they had been) and good beer. Took home a Shepard's pie for dinner.

Friday: Went to Aquarium. Pretty cool! The Dolphins were my favorite. The show was only 10 minutes long but I stuck around and got to see their night routine with about 20 other people who were probably too tired to move from their seats.

Saturday: Woke up. Planning to hit the grocery store, investigate churches, and then go to a broadway musical a block from my house. Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat. I saw it when I was a kid, but I had to peer around 2 very tall people that time and was WAAAAYYY in the back. So this time I have row 8, center, orchestra. :-) Hopefully I got paid yesterday-- must check into that. CeeCee may call me to go watch a movie this weekend, and big brother has tentative plans to meet me at Dim Sum (which would involve 2 hour round trip on my part, but may be worth it).

I'm actually holding a job during all this-- 40 hours. Is this what it's like to have a life after work? It's strange, I feel like I'm on vacation or something. No men met yet here in Baltimore-- only men in my life are the brain injured guys at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home