Thursday, February 02, 2006

When You Least Expect It

Went up to the Irish Pub last night to get a beer (actually, Cider) and a take out order due to being tired from work. Guy next to me starts chatting to me. To go order arrives. Guy asks if we can continue the conversation after I go home and eat (ie. meet back). Okay. So we met again at 7:30 and talked until a little after 9pm at a quiet bar. Then he walked me home. He's offered to show me around Baltimore.... new friend maybe? Stay tuned.

To the guys-- this was the first completely non-threatening pickup I've experienced. It started with a question regarding my drink. Proceeded to general comments about crowds. Then jobs (he's a doctor at a nearby hospital). Then the smooth, "well, I've enjoyed talking with you. Can we continue this conversation later? How can I reach you?" The later conversation focused on the 80 hour work week for Doctors and Ireland (we've both been). For someone who usually runs from men picking me up, this actually felt very casual and relaxed! Take note fellows! I'm pretty good at running scared and I didn't run scared from this one! Of course, he's probably an ax murderer or something....

4 Comments:

Blogger Ayzair said...

I'm so proud of you! You had to know this was coming, though, right? The moment you decide to live the free and easy life with no attachments, just lots of time to figure yourself out, that's precisely when God rubs his hands together and chuckles somewhat sinisterly and says, "Let's see if she's ready for this ..."

Seriously, sounds much more promising than the scary army guy in Augusta!

02 February, 2006  
Blogger Lucky Bob said...

Look at you getting out and meeting people. And as long as he doesn't kill people he likes, I don't see the harm.

02 February, 2006  
Blogger scanime said...

My strategy was to constantly send e-mails until she finally gave in. It took four months, but it worked for me!

Anyway, remember to have fun!

06 February, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, there hasn't been any update. Have you seen the guy again?

10 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home